Wing was built from the ground up to make it an ideal choice for building applications on any cloud. It includes an assembly of different features that serve that purpose:
- Cloud services as first-class citizens, with phase modifiers for config or runtime (
- Higher level of cloud abstraction with a cloud library containing APIs that lets you write cloud portable code.
- Compiler plugins that keep you in control by allowing you to customize the compilation output, such as infrastructure definitions.
- Use any resource in the Terraform ecosystem as first-class citizen in your app.
- Distributed computing primitives.
- Automatic generation of IAM policies and other cloud mechanics based on intent.
- Local functional simulator with a visualization and interaction console - used for testing and debugging with instant hot-reloading.
- Native JSON and schema validation support.
- Default immutability.
- Implicit async, explicit defer.
For a more in-depth look at Wing's features and benefits, check out our documentation.